Earth Friendly for Low Carbon Paw Prints
We love our Earth and are taking green steps to care for our planet.
- We use all green power. Although the initial cost may be higher than standard electrical power, by generating Galveston’s natural wind power, energy savings are promoted in the long-run.
- Many individuals are concerned about the disposal of dog waste, especially in a dog care and boarding business. The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, also known as TCEQ, approves and recommends the practice of worm composting for waste. By eliminating the use of the city land fills for dog waste, we create nutrient-rich, organic fertilizer for our plants, minimize odor from pet waste, and reduce carbon paw prints!
- We recycle, which is supported by the City of Galveston! The Recycling Center is located at Broadway and 61st Street. We also encourage our visitors to drop off their recycling as they leave the island. The City of Galveston website provides additional information about recycling in our community.
- We have developed a rain barrel system and catch as much natural water as possible. This water will be used for irrigation and cleaning, (not for human or dog drinking) and will help conserve the limited supply of Galveston water.
- In addition, we are planting native plants and utilizing the FREE mulch available through the City of Galveston recycling program at Lindale Park, located at the intersection of 4th Street and Marine Drive.
- Cleanliness is next to Dogliness as we care for your pets. We use organic cleaner for sanitation, which then allows us to use the runoff to water plants and landscaping.
Is it worth it? We think so! A happy planet is good for all living creatures, and that includes our four-legged friends.
Call us now! (409) 737-9515
Dogs at Dolphins View
10720 Termini San Luis Pass Road
Galveston, Texas 77554